#BeautiesOnFire - Gotta Catch 'Em All: Valor & Vulpix

22:11

It’s time again for another #BeautiesOnFire post, you voted on Twitter and decided that our theme for this week would be Pokemon! Firstly, if you’re unsure as to what this whole #BeautiesOnFire thing is (where have you been hiding?) then please feel free to check out my introduction post below, additionally you may peruse the past few weeks themes.





I can’t speak for the other ladies in this collaboration but when I found out Pokemon won the vote for this weeks theme I were bouncing from the walls with intense excitement, I were elated beyond words! Pokemon is something of which were around when I were a child therefore the nostalgia it triggers is incredible. I were never a die hard fan but I did love them, I remember having some little figurines of the different Pokemon at one point and I adored those, especially my favourite of all - Vulpix. Of course there’s a current hype surrounding Pokemon, with the recently launched Pokemon Go game for IOS and Android phones, I’m guilty of having this particular app, I also have some serious Poke-rage when losing the last of my balls on a Pokemon of which I find myself unable to catch, despite using everything I have on it! I do hope that even the Pokemon cynics will enjoy today’s post, I decided to create two very different looks, one of which involving doing something completely new to me for the first time, scary prospect there! Being Team Valor myself, I of course wanted to create a wearable everyday make-up look using the team as my inspiration, my second look were definitely more challenging, as I decided to go a little wild with liquid latex, clay and paints to become none other than my favourite, Vulpix.



Step 1: Pull off chunks of modelling clay and begin to shape Vulpix’s fringe, moving onto her curls afterwards and bonding everything together to finish.
Step 2: Time for the ears, for me this were the hardest part of the clay model process as I just couldn’t get the shape I wanted. This took many attempts on the second ear, especially. 
Step 3: Once you’re happy with the shapes you have, or have otherwise given up like I did, leave the clay pieces to air dry. Most would suggest overnight, although I made my clay models on Wednesday, came back to them on Thursday afternoon and found they still weren’t perfectly dried out. Although I decided to move onto the next step a little early, regardless!
Step 4: Once your pieces are dry, mix the colours you’ll need and paint them! Vulpix has a light brown skin with orange undertones, so for this I mixed together mostly orange, with a little red and a smidge of blue until I found my desired shade, I then deepened it a little for the inner ear, using a little purple in place of the blue. For her hair I used the same bright orange and a tiny amount of blue to create a slightly dulled down orange. 
Step 5: Leave the paint to set. Due to my clay not being completely dry I decided to let both set fully overnight, meaning the pieces were finally dry when checking on them today (Friday afternoon)! 


Once the hair and ears were done, it were then time to attach them to my face, for this I used some liquid latex. I feel this step could have gone SO much better, as the pieces weren’t attached as securely as I’d have liked and I found it really hard to be able to work on the rest of my face or to take the pictures for this blog post. With more liquid latex I’m sure it would work a lot better, as well as working with a larger surface on the clay, since the ears were so close to my hair I’d only been able to put liquid latex on the edges therefore resulting in poorer grip. After attaching and topping up my latex every few minutes, it were then time to get to work on the face. I could have used make-up had I really wanted to.. But I’d already accepted that for a first time, this weren’t going to be a flawless recreation, so I decided instead to opt for using paints for my entire face. I mixed together the same colours I’d used for the ears and popped this all over my face and brought it down onto my neck. I then used a darker green for the eyes, popping a little white in there, of course using my Pokemon Go app as the reference picture, I then finished this off with a little black to line the eyes and for the nose. I did my nose a little more heart shaped and I definitely had a thicker black outline than Vulpix has. My finished look is definitely far from perfect although for a first attempt I’m rather pleased with the outcome and it were definitely one of my most fun looks to create yet, purely because it’s something I’ve never done before! Everything I used for this look can be found in my recent haul post, “Stimulating shopping, spontaneity and perfect piercings”.




Now for the second look, because I did something so different for the first look, I decided that I wanted my second one to simply be a make-up look, a wearable one at that! I were accompanying my friend at our local pub for a few delicious beverages, a bite to eat and the pub quiz, bingo style, so I kept it simple with a red toned eye look and of course, a red lip.




Collection Primed & Ready - Pore Minimiser 1
MAC Studio Fix
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair 1
George Silk Finish Pressed Powder - 01 Translucent
Bourjois Bronze & Highlight Duo - 55
Make-Up Revolution London Baked Highlighter - Golden Lights
Sleek Blush - Antique 142
Bourjois Liner Feutre - 14 Noir Moka
Rimmel London Kohl Liner - Pure White 071
Bourjois Liner Feutre - 11 Noir
P.S, Love Liquid Liner - Black
P.S, Love Kohl Liner - Black
Sleek i-Divine - Sunset 568 Palette (Horizon & Solstice)
Sleek See You At Midnight 028 Palette (Dark brown shade)
Model’s Own Hyper Eyes Mascara - Black
P.S, Love Volumising Ultra Black Mascara
P.S Love Lip Liner - Wine
MAC Matte Lipstick - Viva Glam




What’s your favourite Pokemon? If you’re a fellow Pokemon Go player I’d love to know more about you findings, evolution's and which team you chose, too. Lets just have one huge Pokemon chat in the comments below and if you’ve ever transformed yourself into a Pokemon then I’d love it if you left me a link so I can have a peek at yours! Of course, head over to Beth's blog for the rest of the #BeautiesOnFire Pokemon creations!

With Love,
Disaster Davis x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!